· Plans and executes all organization meetings.
· Typically chaired by the President.
· Identifies and recruits speakers.
· Identifies and coordinates potential tours.
· Develops and distributes annual Events Schedule.
· Responsible for membership growth and retention.
· Typically chaired by the Vice President.
· Recruits a corporate representative at each local hospital or other healthcare facility to notify colleagues of upcoming events.
· Maintains a current membership mailing list and coordinates its accuracy with the organizations Secretary.
· Works with organization officers to develop methods of attracting and retaining members.
· Comprised of members who have no personal involvement in the election.
· Chaired by a past President or the outgoing President.
· Reviews the entire membership list in settling on a final slate.
· Keeps all discussions regarding nominees confidential and within the Nominating Committee.
· Contacts proposed nominees to determine their interest and explain their responsibilities. Requests nominee agreement in writing before the election.
· Presents full slate of nominees to the Board of Directors for final approval, prior to the election by the full membership.
· Provides written ballots and records the results of the elections as outlined in the by-laws.
Communications/Newsletter/Web Page Committee
· Responsible for transmitting information to members on all organization activities and industry developments.
· Works with the Secretary and Membership Committee to maintain current membership mailing list.
· Writes and distributes all chapter meeting notices to all current and prospective members.
· Maintains distribution list with Membership Committee.
Vendor Relations Committee
· Responsible for recommending activities to insure that the interests of suppliers to the industry are properly represented.
· Works with the Membership Committee to ensure that a favorable balance of manufacturer/vendor representatives is maintained in the organization.